In a typical year, only 5% of farms will purchase a brand-new, factory-built planter.
What to expect in this video:
New equipment is expensive. So, what if you could get shiny paint and technology that maximizes your yield, time, and profitability, without buying a whole new planter?
What if that level of performance was available to everyone, no matter their farming situation? We believe everyone deserves a better planter, so we share ways to get the most out of your current planter.
Doug Wiegand walks through the most important agronomic practices to establish a successful crop and the mechanical planter parts that help you get there.
- Clean the residue [with Reveal]
- Create the seed trench [with SmartFirmer and DeltaForce]
- Close the furrow [with FurrowForce]
Then, Caleb Schleder dives into the timeline of upgrading the corn planter on his family’s farm, and how the new CornerStone Planting System from Precision Planting would have been a great fit for their retrofit journey. Why CornerStone?
- Integrated Precision Planting - load cell and electronics already installed.
- Custom factory-built - Ships with components already installed, mechanical and electronic.
- Optimized – design, performance, adjustment, ease of in-field use, maintenance and wear.